1. What information do you collect about me?
When you contact us, we collect information about you, which may include:
- your name;
- your email address(es);
- your phone number(s);
- your home address;
- your company details;
- your profession;
- how we first met you;
- what interactions we've had with you;
- details of enquiries you've made to us.
When you make a loan enquiry to us, we may also collect the following information:
- specific details of the enquiries you've made to us;
- details of your credit history, including any history of insolvency, bankruptcy or CCJs;
- information about the properties you own or have owned in the past;
- details of your past income and expenses;
- any other information about you that is publicly available online and which may affect your ability to repay your loan.
2. How will you use my information?
We use this information in order to interact with you as a company, in particular, to:
- keep internal records;
- assess whether and/or how best to keep in contact with you;
- contact you regarding our services;
- contact you with occasional marketing emails, texts or phone calls, when we believe that you - or a contact of yours - may reasonably be interested in and/or require our services;
- assess whether or not to lend to you;
- enable us to provide our services to you.
3. How long do you keep my information?
Your information will be kept with us until you notify us otherwise. We also keep information of past enquiries indefinitely so that we can more easily and quickly provide our services to you if you should come to us again with another enquiry.
4. With whom do you share my information?
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so, or unless you give us explicit consent to do so. We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. More information can be found by contacting us via e-mail
5. Where do you keep my information?
We keep your information in data centers within the European Union. For technical reasons, our application vendors may transfer your data to countries outside the European Economic Area. When this is the case, we use appropriate safeguards, namely the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses and Privacy Shield.
6. Which rights do I have?
Access: You can request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Correction: We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Erasure: You can demand that we erase your information. However, we are not allowed to erase information about you that the law requires us to keep.
Data portability: You can ask us to transfer your information from our IT environment to another, either to another company’s or your own. This does not apply to information about you that the law requires us to keep.
Withdrawing consent: You can withdraw your consent for sharing your usage data or receiving marketing information at any time. You can do that by sending an e-mail to us.
Complaints: You can lodge a complaint with us or your local data protection authority at any time.
7. How can I exercise my rights?
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us (see section 10). If you would like to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority, please contact the authority directly.
9. Changes to this policy
10. How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy, how we use your information, or your data privacy rights, please contact us using our details on the Contact page, or by emailing us at email@example.com